Hungary bloggers

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Diários de Filosofia

Diários de Filosofia is a bilingual blog partly run by the Hungarian István Bagó who is the co-author of the blog.

We feature a post with a little qutation, that is about the Mikulás:

"Today we celebrate the name Nicholas (Miklós). It’s when according to tradition Santa Claus, or “Mikulás” as we call him, appears for the first time. The name comes from a bishop called Saint Nicholas who was a very generous person – he always helped people, especially children. Saint Nicholas started being referred to as Santa Claus after the Protestant Reformation." (to read the entire post click here)








1 comment:

  1. Zsolt, that's really kind of you, thanks. =) Being Brazilian and having a Hungarian man as a blog partner is something that happened in a crazy way - If it wasn't for István I would never have started blogging. He's the kindest Hungarian person I've ever met (I know very few Hungarian people, but we often discuss how different from Brazilian people Hungarians are. =))))

    István speaks Portuguese very well, too. I would LOVE to learn Hungarian, but as I see the language, one must BE Hungarian to speak it - It's SO hard to learn, and believe me, I've tried.

    Sorry for such long comment. Just wanted to say thanks, take care and keep smiling. =*

    ReplyDelete