Hungary bloggers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rural Hungary

From: OpiniON Hungary


I used to live in a small viallage and finished my secondary school in a country town - the one I mentioned before. My English teacher always encouraged me to write 'essays' on various topics. The title of one of these - I still remember - was "Those who live in a village never feel lonely". I no longer agree with what I used to suppose when I was sixteen, yet, I still believe there is something 'human' about villages. Most Hungarian villagers are owners of the houses they live in. Even if the roof is about to fall, there is a place for them to call home. It is highly unlikely to find a regular job in villages, therefore many commute. Villages, however, have a preserving force and provide a kind of unorganized social security that is not observed in towns.

---

visit OpiniON Hungary

No comments:

Post a Comment